Thursday, August 12, 2010

1st Day Of Fasting

Today was my first time fasting for the month of Ramadan. 14 hours of no food or water…….sigh Smile. I was surprised to see that it was not as difficult as i might have guessed. I did a few test runs, mainly i would not eat from the night before till about 2 p.m. Although this helped me train, the cheat factor was that i was asleep for about half the time. Today on the other hand i was up from 4 a.m. to get something to eat and then it was fasting till 6:27 p.m. Since my body was trained to eat at 2p.m. from my training, that made it my most challenging hour. I held out for as long as i could and when i could not take it any more .......... i slept. Thought i was going to say eat right??? Today for me was really about spiritual cleansing and reflection and i got that today. Although i may have fulfilled this to some extent it is by comparison not enough. In this day , as busy as i was at work, i was able to see in myself who i am and where i want to be. The journey has just begun but i pray for the strength to carry it out. It being my first time i'm not sure i'll be able to do the entire month but i will surly try.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: